17 February 2018

Never have I seen so much beautiful Handwork being done in a Pub. I have awarded a couple of First Prizes for the most done in one Pub Day!! Who can they be I wonder :-)

 Beautiful little butterflies being stitched by Ann, so soft and delicate.

Brenda was hand piecing this Bridget Giblin 'Trip Around the World', lovely isn't it.

Now let me introduce you to the 'Hexagon Gang' for today... firstly here are my 1/2" hexagons, a long time project... 
 Next we have Christine's, slightly larger Hexagons!
 ... and now we have Lisa's even Larger Hexagons!!
 How similar but so so different are all these hexagons eh!!   Oh well I think I know who is the silly one, why would anyone want to sew 1/2 inch when you can go bigger eh!!  Huh!

Irene has dug some old fabrics from her stash and has started a new project!  Looking good Irene!


Now Here is our First 'First Prize for the Day'... Jill just started with tiny small pieces of what look liked scraps, she lay them out very carefully and started sewing...
 ... and before we knew it she's finished the above block and finished a second block below!!! 
 Two Blocks finished starting from scratch!  Wonderful stuff Jill.

Amazing block coming together under the clever hands of Leigh!  Going to be a beaut quilt for one of her three little people who were all enjoying a day at the Pub with her... lucky they have a beaut playroom!

Lissa was working on this beautiful 'Bon Jour' stitchery.

Lynne seems to be able to do some really beautiful stitches in what looks to me a very complicated and hard to see pattern... looking forward to seeing the finished product that's for sure.

Maggie's stitchery almost makes me want to take stitchery up myself!  i just love these patterns, the colours and the whole thing.
 Below is what she has done before this row above!  Just stunning.

Maureen has dug out some fabrics from her stash and is hand sewing very pretty Log Cabin Blocks.


Michelle is our Second 'First Prize for the Day' SCQuilter!  Not only did she crochet one block...
 Michelle crocheted a second Block... but wait there's more...
 ... Michelle crocheted 3 Blocks in one Pub Visit!!  I'm impressed, very impressed!  Wonderful eh!!

We all know what Penny is up to... she tells me she only has two small blocks to put together!  Hurray!  Looking forward to seeing the finish Penny :-)

No comments: