19 August 2018

I just Love seeing all the Handwork going on but there is one that really blows my mind...

 Pennie - This is my handwork at the moment, using some fabulous balls of wool given to me by a SCQuilter friend of mine a year or so ago... I'm making a warm and woolly vest with no seams 270 stitches on my needle, started decreasing for arm holes last night!  Yay!

 Irene - last year Irene knitted a scarf for her son who lives overseas, he loved it so much she's started another one for him... although I do remember Irene telling me her next project was going to be for her?  Maybe next time eh!

 Heather - has gone back to a project she started several years ago, although after a day working on it she thinks she's never going to finish, these three pieces are quite small, especially the circles...  Good Luck Heather.

 Marilyn  - I love the way these balls of wool make such magical patterns, this little beauty is going to be a scarf.


 Selina - Would you believe it!  Sel is going to make this quilt once again, the reason I sound so surprised is because she made one that hung in the Sydney Quilt Show this year and we heard many groans and heavy sighs while she was racing to finish it off.   Sel assures me she is using bigger pieces this time with very different fabrics...  Now I can't wait to see more.

 Jill - fussy cutting Hexagons, I do love fussy cutting, haven't done if for a while... maybe my next project.   Below - What a great pin cushion eh!

 Sarah - this has to be the most boring bit of making a quilt... sewing down the binding!  Good for bringing along to a group and chatting though, no need to count the stitches or whatever.

 Lisa - Lovely big Hexies, there must be quite a lot of these by now Lisa, you will have to bring them along to the Pub next time for a Show.

 Penny -  this quilt is coming together beautifully, it's enormous with several fussy cut pieces.  Penny is wondering how she is going to finish off the edges... this quilt will not finish up in a straight borders and she is trying to think outside the circle on ways to applique them or something?  Anyone else done this?



Below is the Handwork I really love πŸ’“πŸ’“πŸ’“πŸ’“πŸ’“πŸ’“

Maggie's stitchery, every time I see this work I decide I must do one myself, but by the end of the day seeing all that Maggie puts into it I realize if I want to do a stitchery maybe I should start with something a tad smaller... Just stunning isn't it.

No comments: