18 September 2016

It was suggested... by she who must be obeyed... that we bring along some fabulous 10 year old quilts or something else we'd made 10 years ago... here's the fun 'Show and Tell' result.

This is a Challenge Quilt made by Heather several years ago.
Another quilt made by Heather called Bricks and Mortar designed and taught by Mary Ellen Hopkins... thanks Heather for the reminder.

This quilt of Irene's is a Swap Block Challenge she made with friends from Saudi Arabia at least 10 years ago.

Two lovely old quilts made by Lissa for her daughter I'm guessing.  Holly Hobby was very popular several years ago.

This is a little quilt made many years ago by Liz, it was all about the beading she says and can you see the baby turtle on the left?  there are another couple of interesting things on the right top and bottom... what are they exactly...

Wow!  Very spectacular old quilt made by Marilyn, I think she said it was a fabric swap or something similar... I really must listen more closely!

Here is Nola's old SCQ Sig Quilt... can you see my Swap Sig, it does standout just a tad!    Lots of lovely names here and can I see two Wombats Jennifer Richardson? 

Here is the front of the quilt Marilyn was binding.  See why I love it sooooo...  :-)
The backing fabric is fun as well. 

Michelle tells me this crochet rug isn't exactly 10 years old but the wool's are...  LOL!  Well that's fine by me and passes all the tests!  And it is rather lovely isn't it.

Now will you please take a long look at the quilting on the back of my 'Naughty Jane' quilt.    It is absolutely amazing isn't is!  and I am very ashamed to say that I had forgotten just how clever the quilting was until I was packing it to bring to the Pub.   I love it!   I also must admit to being not 100% sure who quilted it for me???   HELP please :-)  was it you Nicole?

10 years or so ago a lot of people I know were making 'Dear Jane' Quilts.  I loved the patterns but couldn't see myself using similar fabrics or making so many blocks but I wanted to get into the fun so I decided to be 'Naughty'... yes yes...  I know it's not the first time.

Anyway  I had some lovely bright hand dyed fabrics and I was into black at the time so I decided to use these colours to make my blocks... then I had another naughty idea!  Instead of piecing the blocks I would applique them so they would look similar but they just weren't!

I did have fun making the number of blocks I ended up making and I still love the quilt which sits on the back of one of my couches in my sitting room and if 3 1/2 boys are very good they can keep warm during their afternoon nap on a couch instead of going upstairs to their room (read Daddy's old room).


I did a grab and took this photo below from Craftsy... this is what the real 'Dear Jane' looks like.

No comments: